Lapland Military Band
The Lapland Military Band, based in Rovaniemi, is the only boreal professional wind orchestra in Finland and in the European Union. The band consists of 30 musicians. Besides performing in the events organized by the Defence Forces, it has an important role in Lapland’s music culture.
Down by the River
- Wed 12.08.202018.00Kottinen summer theatre, Rovaniemi
- Thu 20.08.202018.00Sodankylä (to be announced later)
Hottest tangosTickets - 15€
- Wed 26.08.202019.00Madetojan sali, Oulu
- Thu 27.08.202019.00Kulttuurikeskus Akustiikka, Ylivieska
- Fri 28.08.202019.00Culture House Korundi, Rovaniemi
Star SplangledTickets - 15 €
- Fri 11.09.202019.00Culture House Korundi, Rovaniemi
In addition to Georgia State University, Ambrose has also conducted orchestras across the United States and, for example, in Australia, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong and Singapore. Ambrose has conducted Finnish professional and amateur wind orchestras on several occasions as well. Last time he was seen before the Helsinki Police Symphonic Band was in autumn 2017. The programme comprises pieces of American composers - real musical delicacies.
Celebration of SwingTickets - 15 €
- Thu 05.11.202019.00Lappia-talo, Rovaniemi
- Fri 06.11.202019.00Madetojan Hall, Oulu
Slavic MasterpiecesTickets - 15 €
- Fri 20.11.202019.00Culture House Korundi, Rovaniemi
Sergei Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf will experience a musical makeover when performed by the brass band. The story will be narrated by actor Hannu Friman. A series by Kabalevsky full of humour will also be performed made over, arranged for wind orchestra. The concert will be crowned with Dmitri Shostakovich’s tremendous Festive Overture.
Regional Church Celebration
- Thu 26.11.2020Rovaniemi church
Independence Day Eve ConcertTickets - 15 €
- Fri 04.12.2020Culture House Korundi, Rovaniemi
Christmas ConcertFree entrance - programme fee 10 €
- Thu 17.12.202019.00Rovaniemi Church