The Dragoon Band
The Dragoon Band creates experiences
The Dragoon Band is an Army military band consisting of 34 musicians placed in the Army Academy in Lappeenranta. Major (Mus.) Riku Huhtasalo serves as the Band’s senior conductor and Captain Marko Saikko as the deputy conductor.
The band performs music primarily in Eastern Finland, in the regions of Kymeenlaakso, Southern Karelia, Southern Savo, and Northern Karelia and the units of the Defence Forces and Border Guard operating there. In addition, the Band performs music at veterans’, reservists’ and national defence organisations’ events .
The Band organises concerts playing music in this area assigned to it cooperating with other actors in the field of music and congregations. For example, the Band cooperates with the Lappeenranta City Orchestra in the framework of various projects every year.
The Dragoon Band founded in 1921 still “rides” strong today cherishing the honourable heritage of the Cavalry tracing back to the 17th century. The Dragoon Band's concerts in 2020 hold in store a wide variety of musical genres and experiences. With the Band in the lead, the audience will take a journey from big emotions to strong patriotic feelings.
I wish you all welcome to the Dragoon Band's concerts to enjoy unforgettable moments in the world of music.
Senior Conductor Major (Mus.) Riku Huhtasalo
SOLDIER’S HEARTFree entry! Programme €10
- Wed 05.02.2020at 19.00Pitäjä Church, Mikkeli
- Thu 06.02.2020at 19.00Lappee Maria Church, Lappeenranta
RETURN OF THE GOLDEN TRUMPETTickets from €20 (incl. service fee)
- Tue 18.02.2020at 19.00Carelia-sali, Joensuu
- Wed 19.02.2020at 19.00Kuusankoskitalo, Kuusaasali, Kouvola
- Thu 20.02.2020at 19.00Concert Hall Mikaeli, Mikkeli
SAIMAA ITickets from €20 (incl. service fee) Tickets in advance: Customer Service Centre Winkki (Lappeenranta City Hall)
- Thu 26.03.2020at 19.00Lappeenranta-sali, Lappeenranta
Norwegian euphonium artist Tormor Flaten will perform as the concert’s soloist. He will play Jukka Linkola’s Euphonium Concerto. The concert will be conducted by the Finnish conductor Tanja Carita Ikonen who lives in Norway.
TRAVELLING WITH AN ALBATROSSTickets from €20 (incl. service fee)
- Tue 21.04.2020at 19.00Kotka Concert Hall, Kotka
- Wed 22.04.2020at 19.00Kuusankoskitalo, Kuusaasali, Kouvola
FIRST OF MAY VS. TRAVELLING WITH AN ALBATROSSTickets from €25 (incl. service fee)
- Fri 01.05.2020at 14.00Lappeenranta-sali, Lappeenranta
A ROSE FOR MUMTickets from €20 (incl. service fee) Tickets in advance: Customer Service Centre Winkki (Lappeenranta City Hall)
- Wed 06.05.2020at 19.00Lappeenranta-sali, Lappeenranta
- Thu 07.05.2020at 19.00Concert Hall Mikaeli, Mikkeli
GUARD'S PARADEFree entry!
- Fri 29.05.2020at 12.30Helsinki, Senate Square
MILEspa CONCERTFree entry!
- Fri 29.05.2020at 14.00Esplanadi Park Stage, Hesinki
- Sat 30.05.2020at 18.00Lappeenranta Harbour Square