The Dragoon Band
The Dragoon Band is an Army military band consisting of 34 musicians based in the Army Academy in Lappeenranta. Major (Mus.) Riku Huhtasalo is the senior conductor of the Band and Captain (Mus.) Aino Koskela is its conductor.
The Band performs music primarily in the following areas assigned to it: Eastern Finland, the Regions of Kymeenlaakso, Southern Karelia, Southern Savo, and Northern Karelia including the units of the Defence Forces and Border Guard operating there. In addition, the Band performs at veterans’, reservists’ and national defence organisations’ events.
The Band organises concerts playing music in its assigned areas cooperating with other actors in the field of music and congregations. For example, the Band cooperates with the Lappeenranta City Orchestra in the framework of various projects every year.
The Dragoon Band, founded in 1921, still "rides" strong today. Its traditions go all the way back to the 17th century. Today, the Dragoon Band still cherishes the centuries old traditions of the cavalry.
The Dragoon Band's concerts in 2019 hold in store a wide variety of musical genres and experiences. With the Band in the lead, the audience will take a journey from big emotions to strong patriotic feelings.
I wish you all welcome to the Dragoon Band's concerts to enjoy unforgettable moments in the world of music.
Senior Conductor Major (Mus.) Riku Huhtasalo
Pictures at an Exhibition
- Thu 11.04.2019at 19.00Central Church of Kouvola, Marjoniemenkatu 5, 45100 KouvolaTickets from €20 (incl. service fees and programme) In advance: ticketmaster.fi Tickets sold at the door an hour before the concert
- Fri 12.04.2019at 19.00Lappee Maria Church, Kirkkokatu 11, 53100 LappeenrantaTickets from €20 (incl. service fees and programme) In advance: ticketmaster.fi Tickets sold at the door an hour before the concert
Soloist Seppo Pohjoisaho, trumpet
First of May in Entertainment Mood
- Tue 30.04.2019at 19Lappeenranta-sali, Villimiehenkatu 1, LappeenrantaTickets from €30 Tickets in advance: Customer Service Centre Winkki (Lappeenranta City Hall), lippu.fi 0600 900 900 (€1.98/min+network provider fee) R-kiosks (mention the name of the concert) Tickets sold at Winkki an hour before the concert
Conducted by Vytautas Lukočius
Soloists Marjukka Tepponen, soprano and Liudas Mikalauskas, baritone
National Military Funeral
- Sun 19.05.2019at 10.00Lappee Maria Church, Kirkkokatu 11, LappeenrantaFree entry
The above will be organised in cooperation with the Army Academy, the City of Lappeenranta, the Parish Union and a number of organisations. At 10.00 Memorial service in Lappee Maria Church and other churches
Following the memorial service, blessing of the Fallen Soldiers, burial of the coffins and laying of wreaths at the graves.
Laying of wreaths:
- At the Memorial of Soldiers Fallen in the Winter War and the Continuation War
- Mother Karelia Monument
- Memorial of Fallen Soldiers Brought Back from Karelia
- Memorial of Soldiers Fallen in the Civil War
- Grave of Those Fallen for Their Convictions in 1918
Coffee at the City Hall at 13.30
DEFENCE FORCES SUMMER TOUR 2019
- Wed 05.06.2019Satamatori, Lappeenranta
- Wed 12.06.2019Joensuu
- Thu 13.06.2019KuopioVapaa pääsy
Guard's Parade and Concert in the Park
- Thu 06.06.2019at 10.00Mikkelin Town Square and Church ParkFree entry
- Fri 07.06.2019at 12.30Helsinki, Senate SquareFree entry